Sunday, July 31, 2011

MOVING INTO AUGUST

Can you really believe that I am blogging 3 times in one month?? Wow, I'm doing good.

How's your summer going? Mine's been okay. A few minor setbacks but still hot and going strong.

I did go to the Long Beach Quilt Show but was somewhat disappointed in it. Not near as many vendors, no will-call available on the same floor..they had one on the 2nd floor ..but with someone who has trouble carrying big packages and trepping a story to drop them off that doesn't help me! C'mon you promoters for this show!!! Think!!!!

At Road to California shows they have boy scouts that do will call and it's available right in the front on that floor.

Worse yet, I asked security where's a water fountain..he said on the 2nd floor! Liar!!! There was one in the food court where I purchased my bottle of water to take my pills.

On another note, my daughter was along and she loved the show. So I spent most of my money on her. She needs a diversion from all the Court stuff. BTW as it was not handled last Court date our next one is in a few weeks. I'm very hopeful that this will all be rectified then and she can get on with her life.

One booth that I adored wasLazy Daisy Cottage . Dana has some awesome stuff and my dd and I adored her minki stripped quilts. Check them out...she screams of talent!!!

Another fantastic designer I found, who had the only primitive dolls that I saw is Gunny Sack Mercantile

I adore her angelic skeleton pattern and all her stuff..check out the icicles!! Adorable! I was able to purchase these 2 patterns (which I rarely purchase any patterns) and I fully intend to make at least one to sell and promote her designs. She really has a great primitive eye. So stop by her site and give a shout out to Donna Stevens (not related to me)and tell her Sharon Stevens/Mustardseed sentcha! She's a sweetheart!

Her friend has some great quilting patterns as well. I'm not sure if she has her stuff on the site but I'm sure Donna could tell you.

How many of you believe in Karma? You know>>what goes around, eventually will come around?? Well I am a firm believer in this. I've seen it happen way too many times to not believe it. Anyways I'm also a believer in giving back and helping newer, less exposed artists giving them a boost if I can through my business. Promote these new designers..don't look at it as competition..competition is good!! So with this post I am asking that you check out these sites I gave you. You never know what you'll find.

Okay...my last complaint of this post is regarding our famous "Martha Stewart". A well known designer posted something on Facebook about MS promoting India artists work and asking that we Americans purchase their art as they need money. Well what out American artists??? Hey I have my hand waving in the air when the question is posed who is having tough time in this economy!!! Martha Stewart> You are welcome to come to my house anytime and promote my business!! We don't need a celebrity from America, no less, going to a foreign country to sell imports!!! We have enough imports here that we are competing with!!!Give me a break!!!

I want you, Martha Stewart, to know that I personally will be BOYCOTTING any purchase of your designs, or products you endorse etc. Maybe I don't purchase enough MS stuff..but if we all do this, maybe she'll get the message. Better yet, write her! I plan to! But then like my husband says, it's all about money and who is paying her to do this. Yea..the good ole buckeroo!

Okay I'll get off my soapbox. Make sure you check out TDIPT Mercantile after 9:00 pm EST for the August issue of our site. I'm sure there will be some awesome designs for fall too!!

And I'll leave you with a page from the first issue of PRIMS magazine where they featured my dolls.

See ya later

1 comment:

deb said...

I LOVED the Puddingstone road booth and I bought the skellie patterns too! Also loved the primitive gathering booth, but you are right...not as many booths, I think due to the poor economy!!!!