Monday, December 27, 2010

Heading to a New Year

As this year comes to an end, it's time for me to sit down and map out the direction I want my business to take. I also take this time to access my advertising funds.

My business has several exciting things happening in 2011. Looking forward to a new year.

I'd like to try my designing in other forms of art. Quilting is one and painting is another. We'll see. What does the new year offer you? Of all things, health is my wish for all.

Not quite sure how our country or world is going to go. I'm hoping the economy makes somewhat of a comeback. California will be one of the last to recover, if we ever do. I'm sure our taxes will go up.

One decision I made midmonth December, was to start selling on Ebay again. One reason is I want to find some new customers, fresh faces. Also that will keep me designing on a full time basis too. Let's hope it's successful.

I love selling on Etsy too but it's not an auction type site. I think there's alot of people that like the idea of bidding. I recall as a young child my parents going to auctions and coming home with big boxes of stuff. I guess you can bid on a box. Us kids loved it because we'd find ice skates and all sorts of toys inside. And with there being 6 kids in our family, we didn't get much toys except on Christmas.

On another note, the east coast is getting all kinds of snow!! I miss the big snowstorms we had living in PA. Lucky them!!

Us Californians got a huge rainstorm that lasted for days, which is unheard of out here. There was flooding everywhere!! Crazy cuz the city is not equipped with the proper drainage and, of course, we don't have the $$ to fix it. We are one broke state for sure!!

Whatcha got planned for New Year's Eve? We will probably stay home--as a matter of fact, I might even be asleep when the ball falls, after I make all my New Year's resolutions, of course. But that's okay..we (dh and I) love our simple life. There will be all kinds of intoxicated folks driving for sure. I hope if you're driving be very careful.

Well I have a few patterns that I'm going to design. Keep an eye out on my blog for their new release soon. Take Care

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck in your New Year Ventures. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Happy New Year!
patti