Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December

Are you like me, never enough time in a day, week, year?

I wanted to make some special gifts for my kids and kept procrastinating and now I will be madly shopping with all the others to find the right gift.

Our minivakay was wonderful!!!We all need those in our lives. We have a timeshare in Vegas and it's a great sneakaway for us. Had a blast there..even did some Christmas shopping for myself and hubs did some for him and I visited my favorite quilt shop, The Christmas Goose, HERE that has all the up to date patterns and fabric. Sunshine, the owner, and her staff are delightful gals who are always ready to assist you.

I was so excited to find another quilt pattern from BEEINMYBONNET Lori Holt, who happens to have a blog too. There's links on her blog that will direct you to where you can purchase the patterns. Just browse around to see all the wonderful quilts she makes. I purchased a pattern "Aprons" from a quilt shop near Salt Lake City when I was at quiltfest one year. So I recognized her work instantly. Then I found her blog. OMG I was in heaven. You have to check it out!! How does she get all this work done? I mean, her house is emmaculate! And her designs are out of this world..I'm hooked!! forever I fear!! Whoaaa is me!

Last night our December issue of TDIPT Mercantile was published. Have you seen it? Lots of great designs to be had there. I planned to have something totally different than what I chose to list because I didn't get it finished in time. Plus alot of people are wanting smaller items than bigger so I thought I'd list some. Buuutttt I couldn't resist adding Cinder Mieces Claus.

He's so jovial with his bag full of cheese for all the lucky mieces. Check all of my offerings here

When you're purchasing your Christmas gifts give us artists a chance to make your season bright. There's alot of smaller gifts to be had on Etsy and lots of co-op sites. Please remember that although we enjoy our jobs, alot of us are using the proceeds to provide the needs of our families.

As much as we don't like it, we are all in this "economy" together. I truly believe in "pay it forward". Please give what you can this holiday season. Remember your hairstylist, who's appointments have ceased; mailperson who picks up your packages even tho you forgot to schedule a pickup; trashman who kindly brings your trash out when you forget (we have the best trashman ever!!) the newspaper carrier who braves the cold of night to deliver; the waitress who brings your food, don't forget to tip!! They are supporting their families as well. You will be blessed for giving, no matter the amount, every little bit helps.

No comments: