Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Life Moves Ahead

Regardless if you want it too or not, life moves ahead. Somedays I wish I could rewind a few days back or even weeks. Seems like when you have your schedule all set then something happens and the next thing you know you're into the next week. Anyone else feel like that? Good, so it's not just me.

This past month has really been a challenging one for me. Not just my business, but also with my father being ill. The waiting and not knowing is the worse. We were hoping to once and for all know what we were dealing with, but again, we don't know for sure if he has cancer.
Doctors said as far as they can see he doesn't have cancer, but just damage as a result of the chemicals he worked with. BUT..there's always that but in there...we are still waiting on news of the lymph nodes. Then, hopefully, we'll find out for sure. Meanwhile my dad is resting in the hospital where he will remain until at least Thursday. Please continue to pray for him. He's a trooper, an Army veteran, a joker, a gambler, a believer and he thanks you too.

As if that wasn't enough to send me into next week, then it has to be going to Court with my youngest daughter. That's where I'll be tomorrow morning. Lord willing, my ex son-in-law will get chastized for not paying his child support and for his constant harassment of my very stress-ridled daughter. He has really taken the cake with some of his ways of harassing her. It amazes me. Please pray that the Judge will be able to see exactly what kind of man he is and not be fooled. There has to be justice for young mothers like my daughter.

And lastly my enemy,fibromyalgia, once again has sucked of my days from me. I hate fibromyalgia!!! I can't even have 2 days of delight, shopping in the sunshine with my lovely daughter; or taking a trip to the fabric store on 2 occasions and then there's a day yardsaling to have landed me a day where I'm not myself!! I refuse to give in and allow it to take my joy away. I will go out to lunch with my husband even if I am in pain. I need to quit giving into it! It will not control my life!

Thanks for all the prayers and for listening to me whining.

I wasn't able to list my TDIPT offerings on the site this month in time for upload. However, I'm still working to finish them and they will be on my website under "Spring" or the side bar HERE. They will all be rabbits in time for Spring and Easter! Please don't miss them.

I could still use your prayers for my daughter for tomorrow. Thanks so much!

5 comments:

Mouse Droppings Folk Art said...

My heart aches for all you have gone through...I am sending prayers & hope that things will calm down & bring you some much needed peace. Hugs Susan

rainy sundays dolls said...

Hi Sharon,
I have just found you and,i read this post, sorry it's a day or 2 late, i'm from the UK lol, but i do send you prayers and blessings and hop everthing works out well in the end, stay, and think positive constantly and it will.
On a separte note, your reall old tatty looking raggedy dolls make me feel all fuzzym i LOVE them, especially 'momma's old rag doll' that image has come up so many times on my image search and i have to always go to it and take another peek at your beautiful work, i really hope to own one of these dolls as it comes from a true heart felt gifted 'real'artist.
I too make rag dolls and Teddy Bears and run a rag doll hospital here in the UK, you can check out my work on my blog and also my site www.rag-dollhospital.com , i am very new to bloggin' but have been make doll's since i was a little boy, yes boy, lol, i have had alot of grief over the 29 years of my life being a doll amker, but it was my Nan's influence and a gift that i am still passionate about to this day :-)
I hope this little message cheered you up a bit,and i don't know you , but i too am suffering , my hip dislocate's on it's own and i'm baffling meidcal science in the UK lol, as they have no clue how to treat it, so i can sympathise, thank goodness for my sewing it keeps me sane lol, but just know that you have some positive thoughts coming to you across the pond, from The UK :-)
Many blessings
RS x

Sandra Caldwell said...

Sharon...I am so sorry to hear about your father. He and you are in my prays. He sounds like my Dad was...living his life to the fullest. Know that you have made many good friend online. When I met you in Orange County...your talent and sweetness touch me...you made a friend for life in me and I and am sure all your online friends are with you in spirit. God Bless...
Sandra

GailinVirginia said...

HUGS}}}
Bless your heart you have certainly had much to carry.
Our justice system scares me because so much falls to the integrity of the said judge(sigh)
Please let us know more and some news about your dad...

My friend suffers with FM...last year she was IV-d with RECLASP...this year her scans are so, so "improved"...it is a yearly IV ...my hubby talked to his dr. and he just had it last week. We are so hopeful...

Keep your "UP" attitude and lovely smile. I do know prayers help and you and your family are in mine.

Sandra Brown pointed at a lady standing in Montel Williams's audience and said "...SUGAR is
your worst enemy...you have Fibromyalgia...
The lady was stunned.

rainy sundays dolls said...

My goodness Sharon!
I just saw my spelling in the comment i sent you!!
Fair enough i was typing in a rush as i was heading out the door, but that is no excuse :-/
I'm very embarrased!
Hope things are looking up a bit now for you, you have been in my thoughts, trying to motivate myself to make somemore dolls, who knows maybe one day we can do a doll swap and you can have a British Raggedy in your collection? lol.
Still keep the positive thoughts coming for a fellow doll maker :-)
RS x